ZJ Builders include a 10 Year Residential Halo Guarantee in all our projects.
We can offer this comprehensive guarantee because we are a member of New Zealand Certified Builders Association (NZCB). This guarantee is the best of its kind in New Zealand and is independent. That means if something happens to your builder, or even to the Certified Builders Association itself, the Guarantee still stands.
It moves with your property. So, if you sell inside the 10 year time period, the Guarantee can be transferred to the new owner. This has the potential of adding extra return on your investment and peace of mind for the new owner. When you build with an approved member of New Zealand Certified Builders, you’re protected by New Zealand’s most comprehensive 10 year building guarantee – Halo.
The application for your Halo 10 year residential guarantee insurance is made by your NZCB member at the time you complete your building contract. You receive confirmation of your application acceptance and policy document shortly after the building contract is signed-generally well before the building work starts.
Halo 10 year residential guarantee insurance provides maximum peace of mind for homeowners, covering:
- Loss of deposits if the builder doesn’t start the building work.
- Losses if the builder starts but doesn’t complete the building work.
- 10 year cover for the full contract price, for structural defects including weather tightness issues, once the building works have been completed.
- 10 year cover for the full contract price, for non-structural defects once the building works have been completed.
- Halo guarantees are transferrable, so if you sell your home inside the 10 year period, it moves with your property.